Monday, March 06, 2006

monday mississippi homesick blues.

the long weekend was both eventful and uneventful. i went to my first guitar lesson on saturday, bought two interview suits, new luggage, and new shoes to go with one of the suits. i'm almost set, except that i'm now broke. woe is me. i watched tv and finished sorting through piles of junk mail, obsolete files, and reading material. i'm glad that is out of the way. just how does ONE person accumulate so much PAPER????

it snowed about 4 inches or more on Sunday. i'm sick of snow. i may have mentioned this a time or two already, but i'll mention it again, just for the sake of getting my point across: i am really really really sick of snow! back home, in mississippi, they've been enjoying temperatures in the 70s. i'm not ashamed to say i'm jealous.

as i sit here looking out the windows at the barren trees and the tufts of white hanging precariously to the lonesome branches, i see the beauty in winter but my heart and my soul longs to gaze upon the lush, verdant landscape that is home. my toes ache to feel the warm, rich Delta soil. my cheeks long for the sweet caress of the warm Mississippi sunshine.

i'm so homesick that i almost hope i don't get a job this fall so my back up plan can come into effect. my backup plan is to take my happy redneck ass back to mississippi for a year to finish up writing my dissertation AND work for a year under supervision of an LPC to qualify for my licensure.

notice i said almost. in a perfect world, i'd be making a decent salary. as it stands, i don't have two pennies to rub together. if anyone wants to donate to the "keep jacque afloat fund" feel free! any donation will be greatly appreciated!





6 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope you get to go on home the way you would like...It sounds like all the snow is making you even more homesick...especially with the warm weather in Mississippi now! I'll keep some good thoughts for your wish to come true.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the snow girl. Remember how humid it is in Mississippi in the summer. And the bugs. And the pay .... remember the average median pay in Mississippi compared to anywhere else in the US. Big picture sweetpea, big picture. You're just homesick. You're getting ready to embark on a huge life change within the next couple of years, and surely all of this is weighing in. Chin up and remember you won't always be broke! *smoochies*

Jess Riley said...

Heck, I'm just homesick for summer! :) Hang in there, girl. The snow will be gone by Saturday.

Star said...

YOur back ip plan sounds quite ambitious. I hope things turn out the way you want tehm to.

Viamarie said...

Wishing you all the best in whatever endeavor you decide to get into.

Take Care.

Anonymous said...

I LONG for Wisconsin, especially in the summer. I hate summertime - heat and humidity are not my friends. I can't imagine what it's like in Mississippi - southern Illinois is bad enough!

I'm sorry you're homesick. I wish I could donate to your fund, but I'm still trying to find someone to donate to mine! :-)