Sunday, August 05, 2007

it's been a while..........

what have i been up to?

1) i moved out of my lovely and expansive muncie, indiana rental
2) i became officially homeless
3) i went to NYC and took my assistance dog with me for the first time aside from being hot and exhausted, she did marvelously!
4) i fell in love with my best friend's little boy all over again (it happens every time)
5) i wondered how some people manage to be completely oblivious to their own hypocrisy
6) i took the electric clippers to my head
7) i realized, post-clip, that i'm at least 50% gray headed now
8) i had ainsley groomed and given a "buzz cut"--now we match--sorta
9) i managed to find a decent apartment at a "reasonable" rate in new jersey without having to face a dreadful commute into the city
10) i met some really nice people
11) i met some really sweet doggies
12) my belief that faith is what gets you through was strengthened
13) i realized that i'm officially an "old lady"
14) i felt like a dirty old lady when i was contemplating flirting with the incredibly hot waiter at the shitty restaurant that i ate at tonight
15) i got tagged for a meme by fauve


These are the official rules of the meme from Sudiegirl:
If you could invite 10 people to a dinner party (or five if you don't feel like inviting ten), who would you invite? They can be alive or dead, "if they're dead they can be temporarily resurrected for the party but then they have to go back to being dead because those are the laws of the universe."

Menu: catfish, hush puppies, onion rings, cole slaw, co-cola, sweet tea, and watermelon

Location: Memorial Union Terrace on the campus of the University of Wisconsin--Madison during the SUMMER!

Guests:
1) Maya Angelou
2) Mrs. Lewis
3) Sharon
4) Dani
5) Salvador Minuchin
6) Beatrice Wright
7) Keanu Reeves
8) Tony Robbins
9) Terrence Howard
10) Katherine Hepburn

why? cuz i can

i ain't gonna tag no one. i don't think no one reads regular enough for me to do that. if'n you wanna do it, knock yourself right on out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a place to live!!! When can you move in?

I left my dinner party guest list over at Arwen's blog.

Don't forget to email me your new address!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you invited me to dinner. I must warn you though, I will be playing footsie with Keanu under the table...and if we happen to decide to go to the restroom at the same time....well...think nothing of it! Muhahahahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang....what's a sweet little Southern girl like you doing moving even further up north¿¿¿

Love ya,
UNK

Anonymous said...

Interesting choices...doesn't Maya Angelou have a cookbook published in addition to the other things she's written?

I'm glad you had fun with the meme...come visit anytime!