Tuesday, February 28, 2006

my tuesdays have got to change.

tuesdays are hell. well, they haven't always been hell, but they are now. every monday around noon, i pack up my laptop, some books, my dog, her food, some water, some poop bags, and i drive the 2 and 1/2 (sometimes 3) hours, one way, from madison, wi to chicago, il to teach a night class. now, class itself is fun and i thoroughly enjoy my students. the drive is what is getting to me. i leave chicago anywhere from 9:30pm to 10pm and i get home sometime between midnight and 1am. thankfully, i only have to do this once a week.
i sleep late on tuesday and then drag-ass around like a friggin zombie. i probably couldn't find my ass with a flashlight and a map. well, dear blog friends, this has got to change. i could sit here all day and whine about the why's and the how-come's, but the fact of the matter is, i just need to get a light lit under my behind.
as i found out over this past weekend, it really doesn't take much time to do a lot of the things i need to do. getting started is what takes so long. sometimes i think i'm losing my mind because it seems to be completely blank most of the time. but hey! how many brain cells does it really take to do mundane crap like clean house, sort through junk, and run errands? now THAT is a research study that i would really like to see!
so i'm gonna trip off into my tuesday by actually accomplishing a few (or more) things. so who's gonna take bets? will jac sit on her ass all day and do nada ? will she get something done? how many somethings? well i guess we'll all just have to wait and see, huh?

No comments: