Tuesday, March 25, 2008

jeet yet?


southern favorite, originally uploaded by jac__.

translation for yankees: that means "did you eat, yet?"
whilst doing my laundry on monday, i had the hankering for coke and peanuts. ever had that? we used to get coke in a bottle (a glass bottle mind you) and drink a little out of the top before dumping a little bag of salted peanuts into the bottle with the coke. then we'd drink the coke and peanuts. it was better that way. well, all i could get was a canned coke and a pretty big bag of peanuts out of the vending machines but it worked just the same. the only problem was it was damn near impossible to get all the peanuts outta that can.
some yankee boy dressed like a good old boy watched this whole process and appeared to be appalled. i just laughed to myself and thought "ya freak". more for me that way.

3 comments:

Stew Magoo said...

Stuff of dreams Jac. Stuff of dreams.

Haven't had peanuts and coke in ages.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had Coke & peanuts in ages either, but then I prefer Diet Pepsi. With vodka. *snicker*

When I think fine Southern cuisine of my youth, the first thing that comes to mind is my Mom's big stewpot filled with okra, hamhocks, butterbeans and potatoes. God, that was good.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Every. single. morning I eat a dr. pepper with peanuts. I've never met anyone else who doesn't think it's disgusting.